David is a highly experienced sourcing advisor who has supported over 50 separate organisations with their sourcing strategies and relationships for almost 20 years. Formally Director of Sourcing Advisory for the UK market, he became a Partner with Burnt Oak Partners UK&I in 2016. He has previously held consulting positions with Source, KPMG, EquaTerra and Morgan Chambers.
Prior to moving into advisory work, David held senior positions within such organisations as Thomas Cook Group and Pearl Assurance, building a wealth of practical experience in building and managing outsourcing arrangements from both the client and supply side.
- David’s areas of expertise include:
- Accelerating the sourcing process, working collaboratively with both clients and suppliers in order to deliver “win-win” contracts and relationships deliver against client goals and objectives
- Defining and implementing effective Service Integration (SIAM) solutions focussed on incentivising multiple suppliers to work collaboratively to deliver a quality end-to-end service
- Delivering consistent sourcing strategies across all elements of the sourcing lifecycle (strategy, supplier selection & negotiation, due diligence, governance, and re-let / re-tender), for both client and vendor communities.
- Although his primary focus is ITO, David has also supported numerous BPO initiatives (for example: HR, Procure to Pay, Document Management, back office insurance processes, end to end ATM services).
- His experience spans UK, European and Global deals with annual contract values ranging from £1m to in excess of £420m
- Bringing a real world, practical approach David has built an extensive network of clients, such as Sainsburys Bank, Clydesdale Bank, Scottish Water, BG Group, Debenhams, City of London Corporation, Lloyds Banking Group, Brit Insurance, Nordea Bank, Bayer, Societe Generale, Anglian Water, AEGON, Home Retail Group and Schroders